11.10.2017

Slow and Steady

November 2017 vs 3 Weeks postpartum April 2016
obviously same shirt 

This is what slow weight loss looks like after having a baby.  I don't understand why so many want to just "bounce back" so soon after having a baby. I don't know about you but not everyone has the ability to do that. We're all different inside and out, and some take longer to loose weight gained during, and after pregnancies.

I've tried many times to loose weight too soon after I've had babies and it back fires... every.single.time.
Why? Because my body & mind are not ready for it.  It takes at least a good year for my hormones, and hips and all sorts of other things to recover from creating life and bringing that life to the world, but its mostly mental.

I am not even close to being mentally ready to change my eating, let alone exercise.  I try a little at a time. Everything clicks, eventually, but if it doesn't then I know its time to stop and start again later instead of beating myself up about it and causing even more mental and physical abuse to myself.

It's clicked quickly this time around because it was an absolute must that diets change in our household. Leo is 20 months and I've started and stopped many time and I was very much ready for a change. My body was screaming at me to change, even a little. I was ready cause its for the health of Chris, but it also needed to be a family change. Its much easier to make a change if you have your closest support system right there along with you for the ride.

We've cut way down on carbs, still have them though, cause I just can't not have it, boosted our protein, vegetable and water intake, and its having positive effects already. We still indulge a little, but we're already to the point that it would make us sick if we went too far over the edge. Which I see as a good thing. Our bodies are resetting.

We've been a little over a month in and I've lost some weight, Chris has too, we just feel a little better and that's the whole purpose in this, feel better. It's not about a weight loss number, although its been a positive side effect.

I did an Instagram post about not caring about the number of my weight. I weigh a little less now but seriously who really cares. Weight is such a weird thing with women, when it shouldn't be.



I've gone way off, and if i kept talking about it I would just blow up. So I'm going to end this with thought of weight loss, especially those postpartum...

Just because it's what's done doesn't mean it's what should be done!


By the way, the tortoise did beat the hare. Just saying.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love reading every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...