4.26.2011

Welcome Mommas

So lets get things started.

I have a 3 year old.  3 year old kids are well, lets just say difficult (only sometimes, okay most of the time).  One thing I'm working on with her is her creativity.  So if this is going to be successful i need to be creative too.  I get a little creative with different ways to tell her no. 

e: mom i wanna go outside
me: no honey
e:but mom i wanna go outside
me: its too hot
e:no its not mom i wanna go
(tears already flowing & getting red faced)
me:well honey if you go out side you'll burn your feet off cause the ground is so hot.
e: oh no momma, get water outside
me:well if you get water than water bugs will come and get you.
(she is afraid of bugs getting her)
e: oh no bugs!
me:so you should stay inside so the bugs can't get you.
we'll watch a movie and play games. okay?
e:okay momma
(running away as happy as can be)


Am i ashamed that i used something my daughter is afraid of? nope.
Should i be? absolutely not.

I'm sure we've all done this a time or two or ten.

This is my life.  Trying to persuade my 3 year old which turns into arguments and chasing after a 1 year old who gets into everything and leaves trails of food all over the house.  It a great life.

Today for good job momma is creativity!

What's something you've done that's creative?  so we can all learn a few more tricks to keep up our sleeves. :)

1 comment:

  1. I've found that my little food trailers are in LOVE with brooms and if I hand them one them will walk everywhere more or less pushing things around and they THINK they are cleaning, which will turn into real cleaning up after themselves someday... ooo and they LOVE it when I take the hose out of the vacuum and let them "feed" their food bits off the floor into it... it takes longer, but then I don't have to do it all by myself! We're even teaching Brenden how to vacuum... someday all my kids will be very helpful in cleaning up after themselves!!! Wait, did I say that part already? ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love reading every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...