9.04.2016

Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Cookies



If you're anything like me then you have about a year supply of quick cooking oats in your pantry that needs to be used and rotated.

So a perfect way to do that it to make cookies. Chris loves oatmeal cookies, but they have to be a very specific kind and I needed to make an equivalent to or better oatmeal cookie.

I think I nailed it with this recipe. It was another Pinterest win.


Recipe adapted from: The Comfort of Cooking
INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg 
  • 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats

I left out the nutmeg, on the fact that I didn't have any nutmeg. If you don't like nutmeg don't worry the cookies taste fantastic without it. 


DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.

In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars until fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla until well blended. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder and nutmeg (omitted) in a bowl. Stir into butter mixture. Gently stir in oats until well blended.

Shape dough into rounded golfball-sized balls (about 2 Tbsp. each). (I used my trusty cookie scoop Place on prepared baking sheet (I fit 9 per sheet). Flatten with the bottom of a measuring cup dipped in sugar. (Totally missed reading this part. I did NOT flatten my cookies before baking.)


Bake for 8-10 minutes.(since I missed flattening the cookie before baking, I had to bake mine longer between 10-14 minutes) Let cool on baking sheet 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

I think  I got at least 24 cookies.  I didn't count cause we started eating them immediately out of the oven. oops. :)

Cookies times to see how they turned out. 




Seriously so so good! We ate way too many! They were just as good the next day too. Just put them in a zip lock and you should probably hide them cause they will be hard to resist.

This would be a perfect base if you want to add chocolate chips, or raisins (yuck), or reeses pieces candies (yum).

Let me know how they turn out for you and how many you ate too. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love reading every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...