Up next brownies!
I was wanting something chocolate and we only have cocoa powder in the house and I'm not about to start spooning it into my mouth. That probably would not go over very well.
So I turned to the glorious Pinterest and found recipe that was simple and I had everything already in my house.
The recipe is found on I Am Baker site. She had a brilliant idea of making the dry mix as a gift and including the recipe of the rest of the ingredients and such for the person to finish making it. I may have to do that. Its just like using a box mix but I think more personable because you spent the extra time on it.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup melted butter, then cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
*I doubled the recipe and it was still perfect*
- Sift together all dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool slightly. Beat two eggs with the vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and stir. Pour in cooled melted butter and incorporate. Spread batter in a prepared 8-inch square pan and bake for 20-22 minutes at 350 degrees. *since I doubled the recipe I used a 9x13-inch pan and baked it for about 30 minutes, but started checking at 22 minutes.*
It is seriously such an easy recipe. I am a huge fan of fudge style brownies and this is perfect. Add a little vanilla ice cream and some chocolate syrup and its a perfect desert for any day or even a special occasion.
Enjoy and happy baking!